Sing a Song
(Tune: "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star")
Here is a song about all the colors of the rainbow.
Rainbow purple, rainbow blue,
Rainbow green and yellow too.
Rainbow orange, rainbow red,
Rainbow smiling overhead.
Come and count
The colors with me.
How many colors
Can you see?
Colors of the Rainbow
Today is a rainbow day! You can make paint today. You can use:
- A sprinkle of drink mix like kool-aid and water
- Shaving cream, cold cream, or yogurt and food coloring
- You can use fingers or brushes to make a rainbow!
Talk about when you might see a rainbow.
Sing the painting song:
I know my colors for painting fun
green like the grass and the yellow sun,
an orange pumpkin and white snow,
a red rose and a black crow,
blue like a mailbox,
brown like an ape,
a pink pig and some purple grapes!
Read a Book
Here are some book recommendations for today. Check out the picture book collection at your local library, where there are lots of books to choose from! Find nearby libraries.
- The Hidden Rainbow by Christie Matheson
- Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
- Vivid: Poems and Notes about Color by Julie Paschkis
See the February Activity Calendar for many more fun, educational activities you and your child can do anytime!